Nominations are now being accepted for the Fulbright Association 2020 Board of Directors. You may nominate yourself or another person. Having received a Fulbright is desired but not required for nominees.
Consideration by the Governance and Nominating (GN) Committee in proposing new members to the Board of Directors will include:
- Needs of the Board in view of its prospective work,
- Representation of the disciplines reflected in the Fulbright program,
- Ethnic diversity,
- Gender diversity,
- Geographic diversity,
- Age diversity, and
- Institutional and financial leadership experience.
- Serve a three-year term starting January 1, 2020,
- Must be members of the Association,
- Must have significant prior board experience,
- Must contribute annual dues minimum of $1500,
- Must attend at least 2 of 3 board meetings/retreats annually at their own expense. (Phone conference is offered but attendance in person is required for at least one meeting.)
- Are required to serve as an active working board member, must participate in at least one board committee and one task force or working group, and must attend at least one local chapter activity annually unless otherwise specified by the executive committee,
- Must participate in local or national advocacy, and
- Are expected to attend the Annual Conference.
Nominations are due by Midnight EST, June 1, 2019, and should include the nominee’s name, cell phone and email, and a biographical sketch maximum of 200 words in Word, Times New Roman, font size 12, (for consistency). If you are nominating someone else, please include your own name, cell phone and email contact information. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The GN Committee will review the nomination submission, possibly request additional information, and research online public information profiles of nominees. GN Committee recommendations to the BoD will be made by Midnight EST, July 1, 2019. The Board-approved ballot will then be submitted to the FA membership for a vote.
Please email nomination submissions to Dr. Pat Burr, Chair—Governance and Nominating Committee—at email@example.com.