The Governance and Nominations Committee of the Fulbright Association Board of Directors welcomes nominations of highly qualified individuals to serve on the Board. A limited number of openings are available for three-year terms beginning January 1, 2024.
Nominations, including self-nominations, must include a C.V. with a cover letter describing the attributes that best qualify this individual for consideration to serve. Please include:
- Past/current involvement with the Fulbright Program and/or engagement in the promotion of international educational exchange (i.e. alumni, friend, supporter);
- Current level of participation in the Fulbright Association;
- Specific skills sets that would benefit a governance board, i.e. finance, law, marketing, development;
- Examples of success in fund raising and networking;
- Previous board service.
Directors receive no compensation for their board service and must be prepared to cover all personal travel and registration for FA events. At a minimum, directors are expected to:
- Maintain active membership in the Association;
- Serve on at least one committee (most meetings scheduled on zoom);
- Contribute generously to annual fund raising (minimum $1500);
- Assist with attracting sponsors & donors to events;
- Attend 2-3 board meetings per year (at least 2 in-person);
- Attend Annual Conference and Prize Ceremony.
Nominations are now being accepted but must be received no later than June 1, 2023.
Please email submissions to DeDe Long, Chair of the Governance and Nominations Committee, at email@example.com.