Development and Membership Intern
Come join our lively team in a fast paced international environment of Fulbrighters changing the world! We are offering an unpaid internship to upper level undergraduate and graduate students (junior and above). Detail oriented, self-starters and team players are encouraged to apply.
The Fulbright Association, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a private, non-profit organization started in 1977 by U.S. alumni of the Fulbright Program. It is the largest organization of Fulbright alumni in the world and one of approximately 70 national Fulbright alumni associations. Our mission is to engage current and former Fulbright exchange participants in lifelong experiences that advance international understanding through volunteer service to communities, people-to-people diplomacy, and dialogue on global issues.
Purpose: To drive Fulbrighter engagement and fundraising while supporting brand development. Specifically, our intern will provide hands-on support in the areas of business development, sales, membership and fundraising.
Reports to: Executive Director
Intern duties include:
- Work on development strategy and plan;
- Develop fundraising and membership materials
- Conduct active business development (audience research, outreach via email and phone);
- Schedule development meetings;
- Work with communications intern on audience data projects;
- Work with communications senior manager on messaging and value proposition development;
Between 15-20 hours. One communications intern is needed for both semesters, summer and winter session. Exact schedule to be set directly with supervisor. The Fulbright Association Office is located at Farragut North, 1900 L Street NW, Suite 302 Washington, DC. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, journalism, marketing or sales
- Some experience with social media and website technology (Word Press, email platforms)
- Track record of success in front-facing roles with sales, engagement and/or event responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to keep to a tight timeline and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Pursuing a degree related to international education, curriculum development international business, Foreign Service, or related fields
- Foreign language proficiency
- Experience with online crowd sourcing platforms
- Experience in fundraising at a non-profit
- Skills with developing charts and graphics in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with the Fulbright program
- Interest in and/or knowledge of higher education
- Experience with international travel or study abroad
To apply send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: