Chapters and Program Intern
Come join our lively team in a fast paced international environment of Fulbrighters changing the world! We are offering an unpaid internship to upper level undergraduate and graduate students (junior and above). Detail oriented, self-starters and team players are encouraged to apply.
The Fulbright Association, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a private, non-profit organization started in 1977 by U.S. alumni of the Fulbright Program. It is the largest organization of Fulbright alumni in the world and one of approximately 70 national Fulbright alumni associations. Our mission is to engage current and former Fulbright exchange participants in lifelong experiences that advance international understanding through volunteer service to communities, people-to-people diplomacy, and dialogue on global issues.
Purpose: To support the Fulbright Association’s national 60-chapter network in the development of programs, management of chapter grants and communication with chapters on membership and finances. Our intern will provide hands-on support in the areas of grant management, membership, and event management.
Reports to: Executive Director
Intern duties include:
- Organize event logistics and outreach plan;
- Communicate with chapters regarding current membership lists;
- Review chapter grant applications;
- Work with Senior Director on value proposition;
- Assist members and chapters in member engagement activities;
- Attend local chapter events;
- Assist in event planning including budgeting, researching and communicating with vendors, managing attendance lists etc.
Between 15-20 hours. Exact schedule to be set directly with supervisor. The Fulbright Association Office is located in Farragut North, 1900 L Street NW, Suite 302 Washington, DC. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Some experience with social media and website technology (Word Press, email platforms)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Word and Excel
- Some experience in event planning
- Ability to keep to a tight timeline and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Pursuing a degree related to international education, curriculum development international business, Foreign Service, or related fields
- Foreign language proficiency
- Experience with online crowd sourcing platforms
- Skills with developing charts and graphics in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with the Fulbright program
- Interest in and/or knowledge of higher education
- Experience with international travel or study abroad
To apply send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: