The Accounting Intern will directly assist the Finance Team with a wide range of projects related to expense report auditing and documentation, revenue reconciliation and processing.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Finance can play in a non-profit setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of accounting. This is an unpaid internship, hours are flexible, Tuesday and Thursday preferred.
Who We Are:
The Fulbright Association is an organization that engages current and former Fulbright exchange participants in lifelong opportunities that advance international understanding through volunteer service to communities, people-to-people diplomacy and dialogue on global issues.
The Fulbright Association serves approximately 8,500 individual and institutional members throughout the United States. The Association provides information on international education and exchange through its web site, annual conferences, and other special events held by the Association’s national office and regional chapters in the U.S.
Reports to: Finance Consultant
Location: Washington DC
The Accounting Intern will learn the practical application of:
- Learning reimbursement systems and assisting with revenue processing.
- Assist Finance Consultant with financial analysis of actual projected expenses.
- Assisting with accounts payable and receivables.
- Assisting with audit preparation.
- Completing miscellaneous, special Finance projects as needed.
- Current or recent enrollment in an undergraduate degree or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Accounting, or non-profit management/administrative fields.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially in Excel) and internet applications.
To apply: Submit resume to email@example.com