About the Chapter Advisory Board
The Fulbright Association is pleased to announce our the Chapter Advisory Board (CAB) that was initially created in January 2014. The objective of the CAB is to implement a nationwide chapter engagement strategy whereby the Fulbright Association and its chapters work together to enhance our sustainability, build the alumni community and secure the future of the Fulbright Program.
• Develop recommendations for Fulbright Association strategic plan
• Develop an annual action plan for chapters that ties into the overall organizational strategic plan with a focus on membership growth, regional chapter-led collaborations and program development
• Create a nationwide organizational calendar that includes all chapter and FA events
• Develop an archive of best practices and streamlining chapter reporting
• Expand training and education creating chapters-to-chapter mentorship
The CAB is designed to improve integration of chapter initiatives and with our national and international mission. It provides a platform for peer training, sharing best practices and expanding mentoring. Led by the CAB, chapters will now be more involved in the multi-year organizational strategic planning process, so everyone has a stake in the organization and Fulbright Program’s future success.
The new structure is largely self-managed with oversight by the Fulbright Association national board and staff. The CAB is comprised of 13 members including a Chair, Vice Chair and 11 Regional Directors. Each of the 11 Regional Directors will oversee 5-6 chapter presidents. Each chapter, regardless of official CAB status, shall be encouraged to participate in CAB-led peer activities and training.
Questions? For any questions or information regarding the CAB, please contact Shaz Akram.